Virgin Atlantic Airways. Seat maps, reviews and photos of the aircrafts

Virgin Atlantic Airways Logo

About aircompany

Virgin Atlantic Airways (VAA) known as Virgin Atlantic is British airline company that is operating flights, mainly on medium and long distances. The main airports/hubs – Gatwick and Heathrow in London and also airport in Manchester. 51% of the company’s shares owns Virgin Group, the other 49% – American Delta Air Lines.

Route network of British airline company counts 31 destinations. The flights are made to North America, the Caribbean, Africa, to Middle East and to Asia.

Reviews about “Virgin Atlantic Airways”
Unfortunately, this company has no reviews. Be the first to add your own!

Company ratings and achievements

4-Star-Airline_150 4-STAR airline by SKYTRAX, represents good quality of services.
SKYTRAX is a United Kingdom-based consultancy, which runs in 1999 the leading international Airline Rating system classifying airlines by the Quality of front-line product and staff service standards.
"Virgin Atlantic" takes 8 place in "AIRLINE SAFETY RATING 2019" by JACDEC.
Jacdec (from 1989) has become a global source for professional and accurate aviation safety information for the benefit of companies, aviation professionals and individual travellers.
You are here: Airlines / European Airlines / Virgin Atlantic Airways

Virgin Atlantic’s airplanes

As the company is operating the flights to long distances, passenger fleet consists of long-haul airplanes.

As of January 2, 2024 "Virgin Atlantic" operates a mainline fleet of 46 airplanes, 4 more are ordered. The average age of planes is 9.4 years.

The oldest aircraft is Boeing 747-400, with reg.number G-VBIG. It is 22.6 years old. The newest one is Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, with reg.number G-VNYL. It is - 0.8 years old

“VA’s” aircraft fleet. Photos and seat maps

Airbus A330-300 – 10 aircrafts
Airbus A330-300 Virgin Atlantic
  • The newest one – G-VUFO - 6.3 years
  • The oldest aircraft – G-VSXY - 8.0 years

See more about the age of each aircraft:

Airbus A330-300 +
Airbus A340-600 – 7 aircrafts
Airbus A340-600 Virgin Atlantic Airways
  • The newest one – G-VBUG - 11.9 years
  • The oldest aircraft – G-VNAP - 14.0 years

See more about the age of each aircraft:

Airbus A340-600 +
Airbus A350-1000 – 7 aircrafts

See more about the age of each aircraft:

Airbus A350-1000 +
Boeing 747-400 – 8 aircrafts
 Boeing 747-400 Virgin Atlantic Airways
  • The newest one – G-VROY - 17.6 years
  • The oldest aircraft – G-VBIG - 22.6 years

See more about the age of each aircraft:

Boeing 747-400 +
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner – 17 aircrafts
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Virgin Atlantic Airways
  • The newest one – G-VNYL - 0.8 years
  • The oldest aircraft – G-VNEW - 4.3 years

See more about the age of each aircraft:

Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner +

Official website –